Monday, February 28, 2011

Outlines - Meow!


Happy Monday!  This week's Outlines design team challenge is Furry Friends - use a cat or dog image.  For my card, I used Split Layering Collage-Meow (H-937) and Friends Fur-ever (B-1080).   I stamped my image twice and cut one apart to use for adding layers.  For the balls of yarn, I pierced holes through the image and actually pulled out a needle and some embroidery floss and sewed - egad!  I popped that layer up on foam tape, along with the Meow and paw print sections. 

I cut the cat and mouse bodies out and layered them with foam tape as well.  The gold pearls were created with my Viva Decor Pearl Paint Pen.  Everything was colored using Copic markers and the patterned paper is from Cosmo Cricket's Honey Pie collection.  The paw print and meow brads on the sentiment panel are from Around the Block.

Here is a closeup shot of the various layers (click on the photo for a larger view).  I used this week's Color Throwdown colors (So Saffron, Pretty in Pink/Tangerine Tango, Chocolate Chip) for my color scheme.  Please be sure to check out what the rest of the design team created for this challenge:

Bev Gerard - Savor the Journey
Jeanne Streiff - Inky Paws
Jenny Gropp - One Krafty Kat
Lisa Silver - Silver Stamping
Vicki Garrett - Summerthyme Studio

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Jenny Gropp said...

OMG.... needle and thread! You went all out! The little yarn balls are too much!!! Great job! Love the little white paws too!

Cards by Gina said...

What a bright, lively, and fun card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PPA this week.

Vicki G said...

WOW!!! Now that is fun and funky!

Hugs

Vicki

shulsart said...

Oh, Robin, this is just adorable. I love that color combination, that kitty is just so cute! And those little mice, so perfect to pop them up. And the yarn, my gosh, this was a lot of work and it is fabulous!

Miriam said...

This looks like a TON of work. All the paper piecing and sewing! WOW. Great Card.

Bev Gerard said...

Wowwwww, Robin!!
The popped up mice!
The yarn!
The pearl dots!
Everything is a delight!

~Bev

Mary Marsh said...

I saw your card on the pals paer arts blog-this is so cute robin

Lisa Silver said...

Oh my word!!! Your yarn is just amazing!!! I just love your project!!

BusyBeeStampin said...

So cool, love this card you created and such fun too!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is so cute, Robin! Love all the layered goodness and wonderful colors.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Very cute! Love all the details! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

Micki said...

Wow, wonderful card. Love all the elements, especially the 3D, yet it's not too busy (if that makes sense). Gorgeous card!!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters!