Monday, February 14, 2011

Outlines - Red, White and Black

This week's Outlines Design Team challenge is a color combination....can you guess what it is?  Red, White and Black!  I love this combination, but I rarely use it and find it difficult for some reason. 

I started out with the Inspiration Background (K-233) image again this week and added some red Pearl Paint Pen to the squares.  I stamped the Black Dot Vase (C-375) using red ink and tied a black and white bow around it.  I stamped the Round Posy Medium (E-1039) on mulberry paper and stamped the Round Posy Small (E-1040) on red and white polka dotted paper.  I added a clear Swarovski crystal to the center and attached the flower and vase using Stem (B-385).  The Script Love You (B-1035) sentiment was also stamped in red and matted with the red and white polka dot paper.

Please be sure to check out the wonderful red, white and black cards the rest of the design team is showcasing this week:

Bev Gerard - Savor the Journey
Jeanne Streiff - Inky Paws
Jenny Gropp - One Krafty Kat
Lisa Silver - Silver Stamping
Vicki Garrett - Summerthyme Studio


Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Jenny Gropp said...

Love that little ribbon tied around the vase! I love what you did using a posy in the vase -- super cute!!! If you struggled with the color combo -- it sure does't look like it!

shulsart said...

Robin, you did a fantastic job on this (I like yours better than mine, lol) Love the flower and the vase, so clever! Great job, my dear.

MarianneT said...

Robin,
Great card!. Loved how you combined images from different Outlines' series.
Just love all the patterns.

Anonymous said...

Love it.
qkk

Bev Gerard said...

This is oh so cool, Robin!
I would never have thought to layer the vase atop the graphic background ... way to go!

Happy Valentines Day!
~Bev

Harriet Skelly said...

I really like this valentine card - I love how you did the background!

Lisa Silver said...

SO striking!!! I just love that flower! Happy Valentine's Day!

Lynn said...

What a beautiful card and I love the background patterned paper you have used! Pretty red flower too:)
Thanks so much for joining us at Gingerloft Challenges :)
huggs
Lynn xx