Monday, February 21, 2011

RI SOTW - Raggedy Ann & Andy and a Blog Award

Hello again! This is my second post for today - please scroll down one to see my weekly Outlines post!

This week's Stamp of the Week from Repeat Impressions is this cute Raggedy Ann and Andy (902-I) image. When I was little my grandmother made a pair of Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls for me and I cherish them.  Recently my cousin, whose name is Ann, sent me a box of gold trims and decoupage supplies that had belonged to my grandmother, and that is where the gold circular element on my card came from - I guess you could say it all came full circle!

My papers are from Cosmo Cricket's Gretel collection.  I decided to go with a vintage feel since my Raggedy Ann and Andy are practically antiques!  My layout is from this week's Card Positioning Systems CPS206 sketch challenge.

For the inside, I stamped the 'You Make Me Smile' sentiment from Repeat Impressions Quartet Complements set.  Please be sure to head over to The House That Stamps Built to get the details on getting this great image for 50% off this week only!

Blog Award

My Krafty Kat friend Miriam recently started her own blog, Miriam's Delirium, and recently bestowed this blog award on me:


The Liebster Blog Award is given to bring newer blogs to light and originated in Germany. It's a great way to share blogs that might not otherwise be seen or ones you want to share with others. They should have less than 150 followers.

As a recipient of this award I must share the love and pay it forward by:

1 Creating a post where I blog about the Liebster award and reveal my 3-5 blog picks

2 Letting the honorees know that I selected them

3 Copying and pasting the blog award on my blog

Most of the blogs I follow are not new, so this was a little bit of a challenge, but here are three blogs you should check out!

Vicki Boddick - Heartwarmers from Vicki

Michele Greenwood - Whimisical Creations

Joy Hadden - Pieces of Joy

Dana Joy - Got Joy Creations


Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

joy said...

Robin, what a fantastic card! What a sweet story about the gold frame! I'm sure your grandmother would love that it could be used so beautifully!

Jacqueline said...

Great Card Robin - and congrats on the award ... I would love it if you checked out my submission which I posted on my blog (Made by Jacqueline); yesterday.

Whimsey said...

Oh my, what a BEAUTIFUL card; is that a doily type frame thingymajig (all professional words found in the Merriam-Webster dictionary - HA HA HA)....it's just adorable; I LOVE the colors you've used!!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I love your Raggedy Ann and Andy card. Including something from your grandmother was a very nice touch. When our daughters were little, I made a pair of the dolls.

Dana Joy said...

Robin I love your card. The colors are fabulous and thanks for the award. :-)

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWW so sweet and beautiful Robin! The Raggedy image is precious and the godl trimming in the BG is fabbo too! Hugs ~S~

PS: I'm hope sick..I don't get spared this month :(.....LOL!

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful Robin!! The color combo works wonderfully. The gold circular element is so pretty and it's even more special after knowing it's from you grandmother! You have a card to talk about :):)

Jenny Gropp said...

Seriously CUTE. Love that big BOW!